In most homes, the living room is right off the entry. As such, it is part of that first impression that people have when they enter the home. Whether it is a guest or a prospective home buyer, you probably want that first impression to be a good one.
5 Ways to Dramatically Improve Your Living Room
Here are five ideas that can dramatically improve your living room.
- Move the furniture away from the walls: The tendency is to place your furniture against the walls, but giving it a little room to breathe will make the seating area seem cozier while also making the room seem more spacious.
- Mix old and new pieces: Using the same furniture set to furnish an entire room can make it seem a bit sterile. Try mixing and matching different pieces and styles to give your living room a more eclectic feel.
- Keep everything low: Arranging photos and artwork lower on walls will make a room appear larger, and can also draw more attention to the pieces themselves.
- Place a bookshelf behind the sofa: It doesn’t have to be your entire personal library. Mix and match books with knick-knacks and other items to add some depth and texture to the space behind your sofa.
- Try a smaller coffee table: Your current coffee table is probably larger than it needs to be, and it may be dominating the room. Try downsizing to a table that can still hold magazines, a centerpiece, and a few drinks, but will also give you a bit more room to move around your furniture.
Thinking of selling? Want more staging tips? Feel free to contact one of the professional agents at Broadpoint Properties.