Remodeling your Kitchen? Some 21st Century Tips!
Remodeling your kitchen isn’t easy, and it can be costly depending on what improvements you plan to make. When making those updates, you need to assure that the update will add value and will not make the home appear dated a few years down the road. How can you future-proof your kitchen?
Did you know that the median price of a kitchen remodel is about $60,000? Here are some ideas to future proof your kitchen.
- Stick with white. White still remained the top choice of the National Kitchen and Bath Association’s annual survey. It’s a bright color that reflects light and even makes small kitchen feel large. Also, white is always great as a blank canvas for tweaks, style and decorations.
- Choose shaker-style cabinets. These are the framed and panel design cabinets that have a look that will stand the test of time.
- Choose subway style backsplashes. A neutral or white subway tile used as back-splash in the kitchen not only looks classy but also guards against moisture damage and is easy to clean.
- Put in hardwood flooring. Overall 80% of buyers say hardwood floor is “somewhat” or “very important”. Hardwood flooring can pair well with any kitchen style, from traditional to the most contemporary styles.
- Go with Carrara marble top. This classic surface material has lacy graining and subtle white colors that pair well with any kitchen. It is also readily available and less expensive than higher end alternatives, like quartz.
Have questions in your kitchen update? Let the agents of Broadpoint Properties help you.